Summer is here, and it’s the perfect time to enjoy some low key time with your kids. Whether you’re looking for educational activities or just want to have some fun in the sun, there are plenty of things to do with kids this summer in and around Baltimore. In this blog post, we’ll give you some exciting ideas on how to keep your little ones entertained throughout the season.
- Storyville! This is one of Baltimore County’s Public Library’s amazing resources! It’s a little village for those age 0-5. There are two locations, both are free. This is a perfect distraction for a too hot day or when it rains. BCPL also hosts weekly storytimes and other activities. Just check their website for the schedule. Enoch Pratt Library in Baltimore City also offers children’s story times along with other activities. These events are all free as well.
- The Walters Art Museum used to have a wonderful kid’s program. Unfortunately, it is no longer running. However, they offer a bunch of virtual tools and videos. Spice up your crafting at home using one of their tutorials.
- Oregon Ridge Nature Center, located in Cockeysville, MD is on the premises of Oregon Ride Park. Inside the nature center are all sorts of cool exhibits. Outside is a fun playground. As an added bonus, poultry pens are near the playground. Your kids will love looking at the turkeys and hens in person.
- Angel Park located in Perry Hall, MD is an accessible playground. As adults, we appreciate the inclusivity, your kids will be awed by all the cool equipment and endless play opportunities. There is also a lot of shade and a restroom which is nice.
Low – Middle Cost
- Make something! Amazing Glaze is a drop in paint -your- own pottery studio. Price depends on what item your child picks. An added bonus is Jupitor’s Ice Cream is right next door.
- Sky Zone— This is especially great for a hot day. The littles will get their energy out. You can get summer passess to save money.
Are you looking to have fun this summer but find you are too stressed out? Book an appointment with one of our skilled compassionate providers.
Sharon P. Fisher, PMHNP-BC, PMH-C is a nurse practitioner and mom who looks forward to having fun this summer in Baltimore with her kids.